Skip Navigation


| Audio Visual requestCenter for Educational Resources (CER) | Desk Copies | ELH PapersGraduate Students | JShare | Job Placement | New Faculty and Graduate Students | Payroll | Plagarism | Professional Resources | Research | Syllabi | | Taxes during the Fellowship Years

AV/IT in all Registrar-controlled classrooms

Please check your classroom to see if it contains installed audio visual equipment or a console in which you can plug a laptop and view the network. If you need audio visual equipment set up in your classroom, you must request this equipment from Audio Visual Services. The request is made online, through this form.

Center for Educational Resources (CER)

The mission of the (CER) is to partner with faculty and graduate students to extend their instructional impact by connecting innovative teaching strategies and instructional technologies.

The CER is located in the Garrett Room of the Milton S. Eisenhower Library on the Homewood campus of Johns Hopkins University. The CER serves the faculty and graduate students of the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences and the Whiting School of Engineering.

Desk Copies

For faculty and graduate student instructors: please go to Ordering Desk Copies to learn the general guidelines for ordering desk copies for your classes.

ELH Papers (password protected)


Graduate Students

English Graduate Student Association Bylaws(password protected)

English Graduate Student Handbook (password protected)

ISIS (registration) | English Department Courses on ISIS (course search)

JHU Graduate Representative Organization | GRO Guide to Baltimore

Orals Lists (password protected):

18th Century British | 19th Century British | American | ModernismPoetics | Renaissance | Theory

JShare (jhed secure signin)

JShare is a web-based utility intended to provide students, faculty, and staff with a personal, easy-to-use interface to upload, download, and share files to both users inside and outside of the Institution.

Job Placement

Interfolio (the Department funds an Interfolio account for each graduate student on the job market)

Job placement chart

MLA job list (accessed through the Association for English Departments)

Placement Information Timeline (password protected)

New Faculty and Graduate Students

myJH (Johns Hopkins e-mail, file sharing, etc.) | Setup | About

Direct Deposit of semi-monthly paycheck.

I-9 Form, Employment Eligibility Verification

The purpose of the Form I-9 is to document that each new employee (both citizen and non-citizen) is authorized to work in the United States.

Faculty steps: All new employees must complete Section 1 of Form I-9 on or before the first day of work, by visiting and inserting the employer code 11472.

Graduate student steps: All new employees must complete Section 1 of Form I-9 on or before the first day of work, by visiting and inserting the employer code 11472.  For U.S. Citizens completing Section 1 of the form I-9, select "Students from KSAS and WSE" as location.

JCard (Student ID)


All payroll is processed through the (to be completed)

Plagarism Prevention (

The Krieger School of Arts has a subscription to the Plagiarism Prevention Service. This service provides an easy-to-use method for instructors to check the content of papers for unoriginal material. The CER offers training and information about this service.

Professional Resources

Cornell: School of Criticism and Theory

Modernist Studies Association

UPenn: Calls for Papers

Arts and Letters Daily

IE Poetry Series


Milton S. Eisenhower Library English Subject Guide

Library of Congress

Folger Shakespeare Library

The Modernism Lab at Yale University

U of Maryland: Center for Renaissance and Baroque Studies

UbuWeb Poetry Archive

Penn Sound: Recordings of Poetry Readings

Student Employment

The Office of Student Employment Services (SES) is a one-stop human resource and employment center for students registered full-time in the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences (KSAS) and the Whiting School of Engineering (WSE).

SES is located in Garland Hall, Room 72.  Please refer to their website (Student Employment) for any payroll questions. 

Syllabi (jhed secure signin)

This link is for faculty only.

Taxes during the fellowship years

Fellowship income received by US Citizens and Resident Aliens is not required to be reported on year end documents such as Form W-2 or Form 1099-MISC. The individual recipient must maintain their own record of the income and report the taxable amount on their tax return as outlined in IRS Publication 970, see Online pay statements are accessed at and may be used to track fellowship income received during the year.

To learn about taxes during the fellowship years go to FAQs for US Citizens and Resident Aliens.

Style DIV, please skip.

Style DIV, please skip.