Resources for Faculty & Graduate Students
- AV/IT in All Registrar-Controlled Classrooms
Please check your classroom to see if it contains installed audiovisual equipment or a console in which you can plug a laptop and view the network. If you need audiovisual equipment set up in your classroom, you must request this equipment from Audio Visual Services.
- Center for Educational Resources (CER)
The mission of the CER is to partner with faculty and graduate students to extend their instructional impact by connecting innovative teaching strategies and instructional technologies. The CER is located in the Garrett Room of the Milton S. Eisenhower Library on the Homewood campus.
- Ordering Desk Copies
For faculty and graduate student instructors: please go to Ordering Desk Copies to learn the general guidelines for ordering desk copies for your classes.
- ELH Paper for 4/25/19 (password protected)
- English Graduate Student Association Bylaws (password protected)
- English Graduate Student Handbook
- SIS (course registration)
- English Department Courses on SIS (course search)
- JHU Graduate Representative Organization
- JHU Graduate & Postdoctoral Affairs
Orals Lists (password protected):
- MLA job list (accessed through the Association of Departments of English)
- Placement Information Timeline (password protected)
- Preparing for the Academic Job Interview (password protected)
- Placement Information Packet (password protected)
For New Faculty and Graduate Students
Direct deposit is available through the Employee Self Service system. To set up direct deposit, log into my.jh.edu with your JHED ID and password. From the icons on the left side of the screen, select HR and then select ESS. Then log into ESS with your JHED ID and password. As part of the login, you will be sent a text message with a login code for this one occasion, or you can choose to answer a security question the system already has on file for you. Once logged in, select Payroll Information, then Direct Deposit, and follow the prompts to enter your information.
I-9 Form, Employment Eligibility Verification
The purpose of the Form I-9 is to document that each new employee (both citizen and non-citizen) is authorized to work in the United States.
- Faculty steps: All new employees must complete Section 1 of Form I-9 on or before the first day of work, by visiting http://www.newi9.com/ and inserting the employer code 11472.
- Graduate student steps: All new employees must complete Section 1 of Form I-9 on or before the first day of work, by visiting http://www.newi9.com/ and inserting the employer code 11472. For U.S. citizens completing Section 1 of the form I-9, select “Students from KSAS and WSE” as location.
Plagiarism Prevention (turnitin.com)
The Krieger School has a subscription to the Turnitin.com Plagiarism Prevention Service. This service provides an easy-to-use method for instructors to check the content of papers for unoriginal material. The CER offers training and information about this service.